Stanley Dickens joins SPV Racing, the Spanish – Swedish motorsport group based outside Malaga in Costa del Sol, Spain as it is expanding its operations in Endurance racing as well as the FIA Electric Production Car Series (EPCS).
Stanley has a solid career as a professional race car driver. Most of his success was accomplished in the 80s and 90s with titles as European Champion, Japanese Champion and, as a crown of his career, winner of the famous Le Mans 24H with Sauber Mercedes in 1989.
Stanley was considered a top-sportscar driver for many years and worked for several of the famous Group C-teams. He took his experiences to the managing side and clinched two international championship as a team manager. This will be his role in a new challenge – the SPV Racing Le Mans-project.
Raul Garcia, SPV Racing CEO says,
– We are very glad to have Stanley joining the team as the Manager of the LMP program. His experience as a driver and team manager will be very valuable as we continue to expand.
– We will be running at least one Ligier LMP3 in the Michelin Le Mans Cup but it is likely that one more Ligier LMP3 will joining the team shortly. After the summer we are targeting to start with a LMP2 test program.
Stanley Dickens, SPV Racing Team Manager says,
– I have had the opportunity now to work with the SPV-team at a number of tests in Spain and Portugal getting to know the mechanics, engineers and drivers. We are now building the team for a good start of the season.
– We have for sure podium ambitions in the Michelin Le Mans Cup 2018 but the long term goal is to establish a platform for years to come. The ambitions is to compete in both the LMP2 and 3 categories 2019 but potentially we might do one or two LMP2 starts towards the end of the season. And yes for sure 24H of Le Mans is a target.
Lars GV Lindberg, SPV Racing Team Principle says,
– We are building a wide platform with the SPV group and on the racing side we are also running GT4 cars in the Spanish Championship as well as the FIA Electric GT Series (EGT).
– Our rst Tesla Model S P100DL race car is being built right now. It is the rst FIA approved Electric Production Car in the world and when it arrives in May we are starting a new chapter with a testing and promotion program.
– Stanley will be involved in EGT as well and we hope that his experience and knowledge will be useful in all aspects.
SPV Racing drivers and partner line up for the Michelin Le Mans Cup will be presented shortly. For more information please contact Lars Lindberg: email@example.com